Wednesday, May 12, 2010

For you cards


I was playing around with a card design inspiration from juliedavison.blogspot.com 04-10-10 post. I tried and tried but I didn't quite get the right look. Her example is much better. I love this CTMH Bella paper pack, and I had high hopes for these cards. I think the major problem is that I covered up too much of the only patterned paper on the card.

I played around with different coordinating ribbons too. The organza is my fave, mostly because it allows more of the patterned paper to peek through. I used white daisies and glimmer misted them to match the patterned paper, and layered them with a tiny white daisy and a miscellaneous brad. The lines texture on the green circle was created on my scor-pal. The dots on the yellow circle where a sizzix embossing folder.

I used a CTMH D1408 A little everything stamp for the tiny sentiment. I love Julie Davison example of textures and coordinating but varied colors. I hope you give this design idea a try, and learn from my mistake. Show more.... um, patterned paper that is. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...