Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day

It's truly a Happy Mothers day. My mom survived breast cancer 7 years ago. She fought and kicked butt! She has talked a couple of times of wanting to document the battle, to put a few photos taken during that time with the thoughts and feelings. But time and life have prevented that from happening yet. Sooo....this mini album is for that purpose. It's small, its pretty, it has tags tucked inside of pocket pages so if some things she would rather keep private she can tuck them inside and only pull them out if she wants to. Her strength and her attitude helped overcome the cancer and it was the inspiration for this album.

I sprayed the flowers with glimmermist for extra shimmer.

The pocket pages, the decorative layers and the tags are all cut from the cricut. I used design studio and Plantin schoolbook cartridge to design this cut file. My original inspiration came from my old favorite followingthepapertrail.blogspot.com, but rather than cut these out manually I decided to have my trusty cricut take care of it for me.

Here is a detailed look at the tag pulled out from the pocket page. I copied following the paper trails idea to use flowers attached with brads as the tag pull. I added some small stamps as decoration. Keeping it simple so the pictures and the words can be the focus.




The overall size of the book is 6x6. The actual photo area size is about 4.5x4.5 on each side of the pocket. The tags have that same amount of space on the front and back sides, for photos or journaling.

The paper used for this mini book is CTMH Tickled Pink. My moms favorite color is blue, but every breast cancer survivor becomes very fond of pink also. This paper pack has some glitter and glam but it soft and feminine. I think it is perfect. I hope you love it Mom. I love you! Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. No mama could ask for a better daughter! I love you too and I love my Mother's Day goodies too... You continue to inspire and fill me with awe! I took pictures to put on my facebook page too in addition to making everyone at work admire your handiwork.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...