Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Scrap cards


These cards came to be simply because I can not throw away scraps. I had a stack of pretty DCWV flower shower scraps from my 2 prior gift bag projects and so I created a patchwork quilt effect and used the SU! top note sizzix die to cut the shape. But that created another scrap that was still too pretty to toss....so I made the 2nd card.


For the one of a kind card I used my new SU! butterflies sizzix die. The sentiments are CTMH D1349 Be yourself and the shwoopy is from C1210 Birthday celebrations stamp sets. (The shwoopy is actually meant to be a balloon string, but thanks to the flexibility of acrylic stamps I could curve it more to look like the butterfly flight trail that I wanted.) I added some stickles for shimmer. I think it is so pretty.
I hope this encourages you to create something with the pretty scraps left after a project. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Did you actually stitch this or just draw on the stitch marks. This is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lil x marks are actually a stamp. It's just 4 x's long so I inked and stamped and inked and stamped along all the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're giving me inspirations, you know! I'm from Malaysia, and love scrapping as I have my scrap-diary/album where I write my dreams. You give me wonderful ideas to decorate my scrap-diary book which i call "My book: Ninie and her Dreams". Thanks n nice to know such a creative person like u! Do visit n follow me at http://thebeautyofsplendid.blogspot.com/ too!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...