Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sewing is crafting too

I have been a busy bee today. I found 1 blog about sewing and altering t-shirts and all that good crafty stuff....and that led to another blog and another until I had added about 8 new sewing and altering clothing blogs to my blog reader. They all highly motivated me. So I got out the sewing machine (dusted it off, for shame) and have been going strong since this morning, with only short breaks for meals and laundry. ;)

I made 2 of these gathered clutches mostly because in my sewing/fabric stash I found a single quilt square that I must have been attempting a new style on(probably a decade ago). Cut in half it was the exact measurements for 2 clutches. Woo hoo! I just happen to know a mom who almost always says "Did you make me one?" Yes, mom I did. I am already using my clutch as a makeup bag in my purse. The finished size is 4.5x8.5 inches. The fantastic tutorial for this gathered clutch came from Noodleheads.blogspot.com 04-22-10 post. If you sew you really have to check her out, but be forewarned it is addictive!

This is my own design, maybe that's why it is so plain compared to the clutch. But I was in need of a new Ipod carrying bag and I had some scraps sitting on the table from the clutch. 1, 2, 3 and there I have it. It will be sturdy and functional, not exceptionally pretty but its cute enough.

Digging deeper into my fabric stash I found this gorgeous lightweight seersucker that was perfect for this adorable summer scarf I saw at dana-made-it.com 07-02-08 post. Her photos are much more beautiful then mine but I really love this red seersucker. I am going to enjoy this for a long time to come. I'm certain of it. Thanks for stopping by and checking out my excited rambling. I hope you get excited over a long lost love of some kind. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...