Monday, July 5, 2010

Brag book

Once again while perusing the fabulous blogs and websites on the internet I lucked into a fun new site, craftifyit.blogspot.com. I spent a lot of time looking at all her different craft projects, but one immediately jumped out at me as something I would love. So by 9am this morning I was cutting paper and mimicking her project. I altered it a bit. It was fast and very functional.

This is the cover, I cut my tags on the cricut using the George basic shapes cartridge with the Design studio. All of my tags were cut at 3.25 x 5.25. I used the ek success retro flowers punches in all 3 sizes and doodled them up with my favorite Uniball Signo pen. Add a lil stickles for some bling and that's all there is to it.

Above is the front of the accordion pages with the tags in the pockets.

Above shows more of the accordion pages, with the tags pulled out of the pockets.

This shows the pages partially folded up accordion style.

This is the book all tied up for transport or you could give it as a gift. I'm not....this is all mine. These are our girls, their first month with us. January 2006 we brought them home right after finishing up a long remodel project and in the process of replacing the dining room and kitchen floors with new bamboo flooring. Perfect time to bring home 2 new pups to potty train. Right? What were we thinking? We were thinking that we were smitten the moment we saw them in the box in front of the grocery store. My boys were naming them and saying they couldn't possibly pick just 1 within seconds of picking them up from the box. That's what we were thinking. So I am finally getting around to putting those adorable puppy pics in a brag book. They still make me smile.

Because of the measurements, it was super simple to make 2 mini albums at once. So I did. I don't have a purpose for this one yet, but its ready and waiting.

Here it is with the other tag tucked under the ribbon, should I decide to title it in the same fashion as the first one. Its hard to tell but I sprayed all of the tags with Glimmer mists in bright colors that matched the pages. All of the array of ribbons are from prior Reasonable ribbon club packages. I found some perfect ones that matched my project exactly. Not crazy about the staples used to keep the ribbon pull tabs in place, but I talked myself out of every other possibility. If I tie it in a knot it will get to bulky in that one spot. If I use a brad you will see the folded prongs on the backside. If I use glue dots it will not be as sturdy as I would like for pulling and pushing the tags in their pocket. So I went with the not very attractive staples.

I also finished up another surprise pop up card. I frequently make 2 of the same card while working, but this one did not get finished on that day. I changed it up a bit using all the same pieces but I think I prefer the scallop oval turned on its side. I like the flowers decorating the lower right edge instead of the upper left. Small changes but I thought I would share.

This still has such wow factor. Simple but WOW!

This picture is just to illustrate that it is an actual card that has an inside for more sentiment or for writing and signing on. Wow, this was a long post. Hope you find some of it useful and inspirational. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...