Saturday, July 3, 2010

Purple posies cards

What a fantastic start to a long 4 day weekend. I went to a new (to me) stamp store that my friend and SU! consultant Brandy has been raving about for a long time. My dear friend Barb drove and we actually ran into Brandy shopping there too. Shocker! ;) So, this store is Stampers Corner in Elk Grove, CA. They have ssssooooo many great ideas everywhere you turn. We browsed and shopped for 2.5 hours. My feet were feeling it, but it was so worth it. I took at least a half dozen pictures of card ideas hanging on all of the walls, and I mean ALL. The bathroom was practically wallpapered in card ideas. It was so funny.
This group of cards is the first ones completed from the ideas i gleaned from the store samples. I cut the flowers on my cricut in 2 sizes, using George basic shapes and Design studio. The leaf is cut from Doodlecharms.





These were all stamped using CTMH stamp sets D1284 With love and D1275 Serendipity, using Sweet leaf, Amethyst, Sunflower and Heavenly blue ink pads. The patterned paper was some DCWV and the card stock is miscellaneous stuff from my stash.

Here is the card opened up. Its a standard 5.5x8.5 inch card base, then you just fold the front in half again and glue half of your cricut flower to attach at the fold. I am enjoying these unique fold cards lately. They are lots of fun. I hope you give them a try.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...