Monday, September 6, 2010

More Halloween cards from scraps

I guess the first step to getting better is to admit you have a problem. I have a problem throwing away perfectly useful scraps of pretty paper. But then again lets think this through, is it really so wrong if I use them? And make nice gifts with them? I know, I know, I'm justifying. But really check out my cards. Aren't they cute?
This is made from 1 inch squares of scraps. The card stock I ran through the Cuttlebug in the swiss dots embossing folder. I used a scrap of paper, ran 3 stripes of tape across the paper and then layed down my squares. I thought about using my Xyron but 12 squares would take over 12 inches of xyron tape and I didn't think it needed to be 100% coverage so I went the cheaper route. I layered it on to the black paper with the Martha Stewart drippy goo border punch. Love that punch. A little ribbon...a left over bat...even a left over sentiment, that I layered onto a punched circle and a punched scallop circle. They are pop dotted up off the card for a little oomph.
This one was woven strips of different widths. I got the inspiration from capadiadesigns.blogspot.com. I need a little more practice at this technique, but I think its still a keeper.
This is a view of the inside. More scraps.
So tell me true is it an addiction or do I need an intervention?
Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love this patchwork look! I'm going to have to give this a try :)

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...