Monday, September 27, 2010

Paper pumpkins

I went a little crazy making these "too cute to spook" paper pumpkins. I found this wonderful tutorial at makeminelime.blogspot.com her 09-02-10 post. These are super simple and go together quickly, but they pack a punch in cuteness! I changed up her measurements a bit. I like to maximize my paper usage whenever possible. So these 6 pumpkins were made from 2 12 x 12 patterned papers and 3 8.5 x 11 card stock papers with very little left overs. But you know me, I already have plans for those scraps. So stay tuned, you should see these patterns and papers show up again soon. ;)
The details: I cut the 12 x 12 patterned paper at 6.5 inches, so we also have a 5.5 inch piece. Than I cut both pieces into the 1/2 inch strips. I cut the 8.5 x 11 card stock at 6 inches, so we also have the 5 inch piece. No fuss, no muss and mostly NO WASTE. The rest of her tutorial I followed to the letter. I love tutorials with pictures. I am definitely a visual learner. 

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Wow they are really cute. I will have to check out the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...