Monday, December 20, 2010

Wood block ornaments



















These are my exchange ornaments with my friends at work. They are made from SU! blocks that I stopped using a couple years ago. I have a couple of boxes full of these blocks and have been looking for a use for them. Voila! This is one great use.

I painted the blocks and distressed them in colors to coordinate with the CTMH Mistletoe papers I decided to use. I used double sided sticky tape between the blocks and then to stabilize them, I tightly wrapped ribbon all the way around the outside. But not until I had stapled on the hanging ribbon and the dangling ribbons holding the bells. The wrapped ribbon also hid the staples.


This was cut using Plantain school book.

This font is from the Don Juan cartridge.


I cant remember which cartridge I used to cut this font.

These were fun to make, I'm looking forward finding more uses for the unused blocks.


 Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. You are a Scrap Queen and a recycle genius! I absolutely LOVE these and what a great use of the wood :) I am so happy I got PEACE.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...