Friday, February 4, 2011

Ribbon heart valentine

This was a fun card to make, using all the gorgeous ribbons I tend to hoard. This is a pretty way to use lots of pieces coordinating together. I took my inspiration from thegreenbeanscrafterole.blogspot.com. I cut the heart out on my Cricut using Disney Mickey and friends cartridge. Then I took the center cut out piece and ran it through the 5 inch xyron. After peeling off the protective layers, with the glue exposed I laid the ribbon across the heart. I started in the center and worked my way out to the edges.

I let the ribbon ends hang over about a 1/2 inch and attached them to the back of the other black piece of cardstock. I did a little faux stitching, and added a red gingham bow and a big white heart brad. I embossed the be mine from CTMH stamp set Tag the Occasion, and its ready to give to your valentine.
Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. What a great card. I will have to try this with the Pazzles. I like the idea of using it to do the cut out. Love the ribbons. I need to get in on one of those ribbon swaps! You have such wonderful stuff. Love it! Love it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...