Sunday, March 6, 2011

Northern flurry embossed Christmas cards

I know, I know....Christmas cards in March?!?! Really? But I can explain. I spent probably an hour or two this morning drooling over sandimaciver.com. But this card jumped out at me.  I really love it. So I had to make it right then and there. 5:30am in my craft room making Christmas cards. Yes, cards. Because I almost never make just one. My way of thinking is I already have all the supplies out and I'm already cutting into an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper so why not make 2? Or 4? That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
Aren't they gorgeous? Rustic? Country? My only real drift from the original inspiration card was the SU! cherry cobbler card stock and stamping the sentiment in red. Everything else is as close to the inspiration card as I could approximate.

I pulled out my box of Christmas stamps looking for the perfect sentiment. Lucky for me I was already thinking of making 4 cards because I found 4 perfect sentiments. Serendipity!

I used a Dew drop brilliance moonlight white lil ink pad to ink the embossed areas and the edges of the craft cardstock.

The cotton lace and the large metal brad are such cool country shabby embellishments. I really love the combination. My brads where too bright, so I toned them down with a little chalk ink and embossing powder and a shot from the heat gun worked its magic.

They went together really quick. It's a great card idea. So glad I lucked onto Sandi's website, she has a ton of amazing inspiration. 

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...