Friday, July 29, 2011

Wonderland cards


I must admit these are by far my favorite all CTMH product class cards I have made yet. I took my inspiration from the new Autumn/Winter 2011 idea book, page 19. The tiny card idea in the lower right hand corner. Super cute details. Now their design used the new Cricut cartridge I am sure, but I don't have it yet. (Mom, don't read this next part.) I. Want. It. At first I was skeptical but seeing only some of the 700 cutting shapes that coordinate perfectly with so many of our stamp sets. Yep, I totally want it! Sorry mom, I still love my Pazzles but Cricut is still easier for me.

Ok, about these cards. They are 4.25 x 4.25 squares that I took a 1 inch circle punch to the corners and removed about .25 of the circle to create the kind of ticket edge I wanted. The paper is Wonderland and you are seeing both the front and back designs there.  


This is a detail shot. I love it!!! I used the wonderful new tear off strip as the little strip detail behind the squares. See it? It's blue with a brown half circle doily type image. It's wonderful, functional not wasteful. I think that is just one in a LONG list of new things they implemented in this new catalog. YAHOO, CTMH!! Love it. The sentiment is from the Say it in style set and was stamped in Twilight and Chocolate inks. The stamp was one long sentiment, I used my super sharp Fiskars scissors and nipped it in two. Makes the two toned stamp detail super easy. You also see wooden buttons there, I used a sliver of Chocolate card stock as a faux stitching detail and adhered the whole thing down with a glue dot. Love it, finally a masculine card that I really enjoyed making. Fun stuff.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...