Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Altered frames to dry erase boards

More Disney inspired goodies for my craft room. I found these 3 super light weight 8.5 x 11 inch picture frames at Ikea. I decided they would be perfect for the dry erase boards that I have seen all over the internet, made from picture frames, some pretty scrapbook papers and maybe some embellishments. Since they were so light weight I knew they would be perfect for my favorite 3M tape tabs to hang them with.


Here is a close up of my darling scrapbook paper I chose. All three patterns are polka dots. And my embellishments are silk flowers from Dollartree all layered up and held together with brads. All in Disney colors of course.


See how easily the writing swipes away? Even from my frames, because as I discovered they are not glass but plastic. I removed the protective layer and tested on a corner, just to be sure the pens would work the same as if they were glass. For the most part they do. I did find that the large Expo brand pen scratches the plastic, leave a bit of a ghost image behind after you wipe with a paper towel or cloth. The Vis-A-Vis brand and a cheap brand that had a built in magnet and little felt erase in the lid (but no name on the pen anywhere) where soft enough tipped that they did not scratch the plastic or leave any trace behind.



A close up....its hard to see the minute scratches and the color completely wipes away. Pretty darned fun and inexpensive. I like the idea of the plastic instead of glass for maybe making magnetic ones for the fridge. Just in case it fell, it would not break.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...