Saturday, September 17, 2011

CTMH Art Philosophy Christmas card

I know, I know its too early for Christmas cards. I am designing 2 cards for a Christmas card making open house, so I have to start early. I was inspired by the card I pinned on pinterest, here. This is my first card design, I just showed the option of flipping the double sided paper over.

This is the second option, not my favorite. I don't think the H's pop enough with this paper combination. In this photo you can also see the lined envelope. I lined the inexpensive security envelope because it has a very distinctive blue pattern, not pretty! The size of these cards is 3.5 by 6 inches.


This is my favorite combination. Both of these are made using CTMH Believe paper pack and holiday red and sweet leaf card stocks. I cut the pretty shaped pieces and the H's using the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.


I include these last 2 shots just to show you other snowflake cuts and punches I tried out before settling on the large Martha Stewart punched snowflakes. I really wanted to cut snowflakes from the CTMH Cricut cartridge, there are 3 different ones that are really pretty, but cutting these small enough to not over power the card was not coming out consistently good enough to use.


I liked the idea of 3 different snowflake shapes, these are all from Martha Stewart punches, but these are too small and get lost on the card. So I had to forsake variety for more visual punch. But I am really happy with the final card. I embossed the green shape layer with an embossing folder that leaves a random all over dot pattern. I hoped it was kind of reminiscent of snowflakes.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. These are great cards :) I love the coordinating envelopes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just adorable! Love the snowflakes! Don't forget to invite me....

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...