Friday, September 23, 2011

Magnet board



This is a magnet board, it started out as a metal place mat from Ikea. With some pretty Disney inspired papers and ribbons and buttons and brads it has been transformed into this useful cuteness that is now hanging in my craft room. I love it!

The place mat is 14 x 14 inches so that is why I had to patch the pieces together. Then at each of the edges of paper I decided to tape down the gingham ribbon. I used my atg gun and a glue stick for adhering the papers to the metal and I used Scor-tape to add the ribbon.

I used my Crop-a-dile to punch the holes for the ribbon to hang it from. Worked like a charm. Just FYI even though you can see it (I cropped the picture a little too tight) I hung this on the front of one of my cabinet doors using a 3M Command adhesive hook. I love that stuff. It holds like crazy and doesn't damage the finish when you are ready to remove it.



Here is a close up of the little ruffly, girly detail. I layered scallop edged papers and I bunched and ruffled the ribbon too. I added the little alpha beads on some skinny red wire and then hung the wire through the gingham ribbon.

The corduroy buttons and brad tops are from SU! some clearance goodies I picked up a while ago. I glued them to magnet disks using E-6000 glue. And that's all. I think I actually worked on this for about 4 hours, but a lot of that was laying things out and moving around before I got down to the actual adhering. I think these will make great gifts that can be personalized by favorite colors or patterns.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this! I want to make one ... I just may have to break down buy one :) the placement that is.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...