Sunday, October 23, 2011

Shabby chic monogram gift tags


I first saw this gorgeous idea on pinterest.com. Very cool, and so easy to do with the Cricut. I used Storybook cartridge and set the dial at 5 inches. I picked up the book specifically for the cover colors to do another project I have pinned on my pinterest boards, but that hasn't been completed yet. But now I have all these great pages to recycle for crafts. I also recycled a Cheez-its box. It is one of the sturdier ones out there so I save them every chance I get. I don't have a picture here, but I covered the printed side with the book print and left the kraft side out to the back. Since these are meant to be gift tags (really big gift tags) I will stamp a to: and from: on the backs.  

Here are some close ups shots to show the details and embellishments. I used a glue stick to attach the book print to the Cheez-it box after the shapes where cut out on the Cricut. After attaching paper to chip board, I used a Versa-Mark chalk ink pad in gingerbread and java ink colors around the edges. Tied some jute and cotton crocheted lace around each, and for the buttons I actually poked the holes all the way through the chipboard and stitched them on using the jute. I am hoping that makes them stay put longer then a glue dot would have. I have noticed a year or two down the road some of my embellishments attached with glue dots have fallen off. So I did not want to take any chances. Lastly I added some CTMH Mocha pearls to each monogram.


I think they are pretty and rustic and unique. The ones I created for my family I am thinking I will use as Christmas ornaments after they open their packages. I hope everyone else finds a use for them afterwards also. A handmade monogram from me to them, sent with love.


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy

1 comment:

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...