Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Candy cane place card holders



Woo hoo!!! I am super excited about this cute little project. Thanks Brandy for the inspiration. I also pinned a tutorial here on Pinterest. They both used real candy canes, cute but only useful for 1 season (and you can't even eat them in the end) *gasp*. Mine solve both of those dilemmas.

All of these little place card holders were made with $3.00 of supplies from Dollar tree. Yahoo! The plastic candy canes were part of a garland, and when I was looking at them I just knew they would pop off of the little bead garland string easily. I was right. The poinsettias were from a spray of silk flowers I just pulled off the flowers and tossed the plastic parts.





Here is a close up, detail shot showing the little cutey holding a tag cut using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. You can see I doubled up the poinsettia flowers, then I ran 1/4 inch ribbon throught the hole and looped it around the back of the canes, tying it tight from the front. So now I can even change out the embellishments from year to year if I like.

The finished candy cane place card holders are about 4 inches tall. I believe they will be adorable on my Christmas dining table.


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...