Friday, December 23, 2011

Gingerbread house ornaments



Pin It
These little gingerbread houses are made from my Cricut .cut file that I altered from last years bird house ornaments you can see here. I was inspired by an ornament my friend Tina had available for us to create at one of her SU! card buffet classes. Then I gained more and more decorative inspirations from Pinterest, here, here, and here. I lucked into the perfect piece of patterned paper in a very old DCWV Christmas stack that had candies all over it. So I set down in front of the TV with my wonderful Fiskars scissors and got to fussy cutting all of the little pieces out. Thankfully a few shapes I could punch with a super small circle punch.

I did add some CTMH Glitz in starlight and red liquid pearls for a little bling.




Here is a detail of the roof opening. I used velcro on one side so that I can load the ornament up with Hershey's kisses for giving away. Oh yeah, and see their are windows and decorative window sashes on 3 sides of the house, and a cute front door with raised panels and a wreath too. All part of the .cut file.

If you would like to make your own gingerbread house ornaments I have this .cut file for Cricut Design Studio using George Basic Shapes. Just leave me a comment on this post, and I will send it out to you.  I took pictures of the process of assembling the houses, if I get enough requests for the .cut file I will post the instructions on here too. But there were a lot of pictures and didn't want to waste the space if there was not a need.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. again you inspire me:-) yes, I would love the .cut file my friend. ikennic at q dot com
    glad you enjoyed the extra traffic from my post using your file for the tags!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I love your blog and your cricut files but since I don't have the program cricut sued (sure cuts a lot or something), can I still use your files? How do I do this? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi blondeorchid, I could not reply to you in email because I could not find your email address on your blogger profile, so I hope you check back here for my reply. I designed this cut file using cricut design studio software so if you have that software I know you can use this file. Any other way I have no knowledge of. Sorry. Thanks for you kind comments. Cathy-ScrappinCat!

      Delete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...