Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Nugget Satchel



Pin It

I think this is just the cutest little gift bag, and I do mean little. It is currently holding two Hershey's nuggets. I was inspired by this pin on Pinerest. Her tutorial was simple enough but I thought I could make it easier by creating a Cricut .cut file. While I was recreating I made it wider so that it would hold a little candy.


Here is a side view. I took a few pictures of the assembly process in the case that you want to make some yourself, these will make it simpler.



After the purse part is put together, score the top decorative strip down the center. Take sharp tiny scissors and snip little sections out just wide enough for the long skinnier handles to slide through. Than tape half of the top decorative strip and adhere it to the out side of the purse. Repeat for the other side.




Slip the long skinny handle through the snipped holes just low enough so a brad poked through the outer decorative layer, the purse side and the handle strip will catch all the layers and hold them securely.




Here you see the brad from the inside. Now adhere a strip of super sticky red tape or skor tape to that half of the decorative strip and press it down over the brad backs.




Here is the flap closure attached to the back side of the purse and Velcro closure attached to the flap and the front of the purse. These Velcro dots are too much for this little paper purse, next time I will cut it in half.



And the money shot. The wrapped Hershey's Nuggets nestled in their new home. Sweet as can be.

This satchel .cut file is created on Design Studio using George Basic Shapes cartridge so if you would like to recreate your own gift purses, I am happy to share this with you. Leave your email address in the comment section of this post and I will send it out to you.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...