Monday, July 30, 2012

Slider box






This is a failed attempt to recreate a craft project I saw here and here. I know it doesn't look like a failure, thank goodness. But it was supposed to be so much more than what it is. There is a very cool video and picture tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers for making a slider box, that when you slide the box out to one side a surprise hidden card slides out to the other side. Well mine worked once, I tested it before I completed the whole box. But when the whole thing was together and the top and bottom pieces where adhered, the first pull and the paper bag mechanism broke and the card couldn't slide out any more.



So I disassembled the few useless pieces and will just use it as a decorated matchbox type slider box. I'm not sure what I did wrong, I didn't even tug on it too strongly, it just broke the bag strip. Bummer. But still pretty and useful so I am thankful for that. I may give this tutorial another try. If I do, you know it will end up here on my blog.

All of the box pieces were cut from a Cricut .cut file I designed using CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge. If you want to give this project a try, and would like to use my .cut file, I am happy to share it. Leave a comment on this post including your email address and I will send it out to you. With my wishes for a better outcome then I had. ;D

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. So sorry that your surprise card feature broke. But the remaining slider box is truly lovely just the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah ... bummer! I have faith you'll figure it out. This is in my list to try. It is a very lovely box :) I would love the .cut file brandyrea@att.net thanks Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah ... bummer! I have faith you'll figure it out. This is in my list to try. It is a very lovely box :) I would love the .cut file brandyrea@att.net thanks Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah ... bummer! I have faith you'll figure it out. This is in my list to try. It is a very lovely box :) I would love the .cut file brandyrea@att.net thanks Cathy!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...