Sunday, July 1, 2012

Telescoping scallop ovals card





I was really intrigued by this card design, I have made the snowman shaped telescoping card but had not even considered other shapes. Their card design was so pretty I mimiced it as closely as I could. Color scheme and all.

I designed these pieces on the Cricut using the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge in Design Studio. The base shape is 4.25 x 5.5 inches so that when compacted down it will fit in a standard A2 sized envelope.




Here are close ups of each panel so you can see some of the details. I used CTMH Heartfelt Treasures for all of the floral stamps and the sentiment comes from Rosy Regards. It was one long sentiment and I snipped it into pieces to stamp on each of the panels. I do this occasionally, and as long as I carefully snip at an angle I find that when I want them all lined up in a long row again, it is easy to do so.


I used CTMH inks in Buttercup, Amethyst, Gypsy and Topiary.


The scallops are held together with CTMH Buttercup brads and I dotted the insides of each flower with Glitz in Stardust. The faux stitch marks where doodled on with the CTMH Gypsy pen.



In this Cricut .cut file I designed the ovals so they could be used as a mask to sponge and stamp on the next smaller size oval for the card. Thats what you see in the above photo.

If you have the Cricut, the Design studio software and the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge and would like to make some of these scallop oval telescoping cards of your own, I am happy to share my .cut file. Leave a comment below with your email address and I will send it out to you.


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I would love the .cut file please brandyrea@att.net thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...