Sunday, September 2, 2012

Telescoping Christmas cards





I am REALLY loving these telescoping cards. Especially when I can cut them out on my Cricut and have all the tiny little holes for the brads cut in the right place....every single time. It takes all of the guess work out of it. That makes them super easy and I feel they have a lot of wow factor for not much extra effort. I originally designed a Cricut .cut file for this card. Once I had this designed for everything to line up perfectly it was easy to use that file and just alter it and save new files for the scallop circle and the pinked edge designs. All 3 of the different telescoping cards will fit inside of a standard A2 envelope which is another bonus because the post office charges extra postage for the square envelopes.




Here is the first card fully extended. One detail to note here is I used the cardstock piece to layer the smaller circle over the next size up (as a stencil) and used distressing inks and sponge to give a aged look while maintain a clean edge to each circle.  I used CTMH Holiday Magic stamp set with Cranberry, Olive and Black ink pads. I did a lot of second generation stamping and also the rock and roll technique on the second generation stamping of the tree's and the sleigh also. Only the sentiments were stamped with full inked stamps.


Here is the second design fully extended. For this card I used CTMH Holiday Wishes stamp set with Cranberry, Olive and Honey ink pads. Again with a little bit of second generation stamping and rock and roll technique on the star too. Both cards got a generous amount of CTMH Glitz glitter gel, for a little bling.

As with all of my Cricut .cut files, I am happy to share. Leave a comment on this post and be sure to include your email address and I will send this file out to you.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...