Sunday, November 4, 2012

Loom knitting


I go through these fazes each year. I get bored with paper and I pick up fabric or yarn or both. Lately it has been yarn. I made this scarf for my son on my Knifty knitter loom. It is actually equal parts red and black yarn even thought the red seems so much more dominant. I'm really happy with the weight and feel of this finished project, I used regular worsted weight yarn for the red and Caron Simply soft for the black yarn. It's soft and cuddly but thick and warm at the same time. 



These are fashion scarves, not really for warmth, more for decoration. The two outer scarves are made from Red Heart Sashay yarn. They are ruffle scarves, super simple to knit up and so soft and pretty. The middle scarf is Loops & Threads Flaunt yarn, a kind of tape yarn, not as simple to knit but not terribly difficult either. Such a luxurious scarf when you are done.



Here's a closer look. You can see the flounce and ruffle action. So wonderful, I am addicted. And it is so fun to pull out my grandma's long neglected knitting needles and put them to good use. Makes me smile when I use them.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...