Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Masking, inking and stamping. Oh my.




I was inspired to create this monochromatic card from this card I found on Pinterest, of course. All my inspiration comes from Pinterest these days. I did not have the exact tree stamp used in the original, but I feel this is a good approximation. I really love how this turned out. 

Here are my steps to creating this card front:

I masked off a rectangle, just a little bit smaller than the tree stamp, using sticky notes.
I used a sponge and inked from the outside towards the center in CTMH Olive ink. Darker around the outside to a nearly white spot in the center. 
I inked the stamp again in CTMH Olive and stamped it off on a piece of scratch paper so that I could second hand stamp it inside the masked area. 
I removed the sticky note, masking pieces. Stamped one tree image going outside the edges of the rectangle. 
Stamped the sentiment and then sprayed the entire piece with Glimmer mist in Pearl and then sprayed with Goosebumps spray also. I was going for a snow effect. I also added some Liquid pearls in Ruby red. 





I liked the finished product so much, I made another. Similar but not the same, loosely inspired by this card. Sticking with the monochromatic theme and the exact same steps as before. I switched to CTMH Lilac mist ink and paper color, and used my brand new SU! Snowflake Soiree stamp set. Adding dots of Liquid pearls in Baby blue.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...