Saturday, January 19, 2013

Spring infinity scarf




I have been playing with yarn again. This time I am crocheting. It's funny how I haven't done it in years but it really did come back to me just like riding a bike. I was inspired by this picture I pinned here, from the beautiful blog fiberflux.blogspot.com. I had such a hard time deciding which pattern to try, but I finally chose her vanilla bean scarf for this beautiful Loops & Threads Impeccable yarn in Fresh Lilac Ombre. It turned out perfect, it's the shortest infinity scarf I have made yet, but since the yarn is so soft and floppy it lays perfectly and feels wonderful to wear. I whipped it up in about 3 hours with 3 false starts. But once I got the start I was happy with, it flowed nicely. I can't wait to make more.



Here is another close up. The colors are a little softer in real life than they appear here, in my opinion.

I have made three other scarves recently, from this pattern, I love this pattern. It crochets up quickly and makes a nice medium weight scarf that is pretty and functional all at the same time.



This was my first one. I was using some free yarn someone gave me, two very old skeins of acrylic Red Heart yarn. Nothing special but it is a pretty scarf.


So then I made these two out of Loops & Threads yarns again. The left one is Charisma in Black Raspberry and the right one is Hearth & Home but I don't have the label anymore for the color. They feel amazing, soft and velvety. I am addicted to wearing these lately. They are light and comfortable but I enjoy the warmth. 

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. My spouse and I stumbled over here coming from a
    different website and thought I may as well check things out.
    I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to looking into your web page for a second time.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...