Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Whooo's Your Valentine card



I have been dying to ink up my CTMH Whooo's Your Valentine promo stamp set. I saw this great background idea and saved it to Pinterest, and I was finally able to try my hand at it tonight. I really like the finished result. 

Yep, I tore a page out of a discarded hard back book I rescued from the garbage, just to use it as part of my background. I stamped 3 of the many hearts images from the new set in CTMH Ruby ink randomly all over the book page. I inked the edges with CTMH Desert Sand and Ruby inks, then layered it on a piece of CTMH Tulip cardstock (I don't own any Ruby cardstock yet, so I improvised,) I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of the trimmed edges from the book page and layered that on another scrap of Tulip cardstock. Last little detail was the stitches on either side of the sentiment using CTMH white hemp. Attached it to my 5 x 7 card base and it is my first completed Valentine's card for the year. Cuteness! I love hearts. I love red and cream. I love this card. I guess it really is the season of LOVE!

If you are interested in ordering this set you can do so online here. Stop by and check it out. It's a cute set and a great deal and only available through January 31st.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...