Sunday, February 17, 2013

Crayola Model Magic ornaments




I saw this awesome idea on Pinterest of course, but I was way too late for Christmas. And just a little too late for Valentine's day. So here I am making Easter ornaments. (Although I did do a batch of hearts that I will show soon.)


The pictures and tutorial were so awesome I wanted to start right then and there. But I had to get some Crayola Model Magic first. I bought mine on Amazon and had it in 2 days. Yahoo!


I rolled it to approximately .25 inch thick. Cut it out with cookie cutters. Placed it on cookie sheets lined with non stick baking mats. Using rubber stamps lightly spritzed with water I pressed the stamps into the Model Magic shapes. It worked perfectly. I let them air dry for 2 days, flipping them over once or sometimes twice a day.


Once they were all dry I sprayed one with Tattered Angels Glimmer mist. Let it dry overnight and checked it the next morning to see if there was any adverse reaction or breaking down of the "magic" stuff. All was well.


So I gathered my cutest gingham ribbons in spring colors and matched as close as I could to my Glimmer Mists and went to town spraying the shapes. Above you see the flat and unsprayed back side of one of the ornaments.



This Model Magic dries so light and it feels like dense foam more than actual clay. Really cool stuff. I can't wait to play with more.


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...