Saturday, February 9, 2013

Crochet infinity scarves




I've been at it some more. More crocheting. More infinity scarves. Thankfully I have given away and sold a few, because I love making them. This is a repeat of my favorite infinity scarf ever, it whips up so nice and quick. I used more Loops & Threads Charisma yarn in Chocolate Cupcake this time. I love the browns and pinks. 



Here is a close up look at it. The variegation in the yarn stripes up nicely in this pattern. And the thickness but super softness of the yarn makes it so yummy to wrap around your neck and wear. It's definitely my favorite combination to create with.


This is inspired by this great pattern. It's a lighter weight yarn and a more open weave crochet design so it will be nice for spring. Plus the colors are very bright and springy. This is also Loops & Threads yarn but it is called Impeccable and the color is Holland. I guess its reminiscent of tulips. Pretty pinks and a chartreuse green. 



Here's the close up, you can't see the striping effect as clearly with the variegated yarn colors, but its three rows of half double crochets and then a nice wide strip of six rows of an open lattice looking stitch. I did crochet this the first time around, exactly according to her pattern. But I wasn't thrilled with the finished project so I re-crocheted it, making it narrower and adding extra rows of the lattice stitches. I really like the finished product. And I am so addicted to wearing the infinity style scarves, so nice to have the neck and shoulder warmth without the scarf tails hanging down in the way. This is a win win in my book.


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...