Saturday, February 2, 2013

Paper hearts banner



I made a quick little paper strips heart swag. I was inspired by this pin on Pinterest and also this one. I used K and Company Valentine Sweetheart papers for the smallest heart strips at 1 x 5.5 inches. Next is recycled book pages cut at 1 x 6.5 inches. The final heart is basic black cardstock cut at 1 x 7.5 inches and than I ran this through the Cuttlebug in a polka dot embossing folder. I had to run each strip twice since it was longer than the embossing folder, but the polka dots where easy enough to line up and then run the other end through, so that the entire length of the strip was embossed.



The hearts weren't keeping shape nicely, I assume because the book pages are so flimsy. So as seen in the 2nd inspiration picture I had pinned, I added a strip of red cardstock down the center of the heart to help them keep their shape.





Here's a super close up shot. This was a quick and easy project. I needed a heart banner to hang across my wall above our island. This fit the bill perfectly.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...