Sunday, March 10, 2013

Chocolate pocket book




This little book that holds two chocolate surprises in cute little pockets inside, was inspired by this pin which lead me to an awesome photo tutorial that I pinned here. The tutorial for cutting all the pieces by hand was simple enough but I decided to create a Cricut .cut file in Design Studio just to be able to quickly and easily recreate this project.



Here is a shot of the outside of the book when the ribbon is untied and it is open flat. The top hat's and clover's are also cut on the Cricut using A Child's Year cartridge. I used Stickles in Firefly color to decorate the clover. All of the pattern paper is from Hobby Lobby. The 8 x 8 inch stack is called The Basics. I am loving it for my spring crafting, it has such gorgeous primary colors and nice coordinating patterns.



Here is the inside of the book. The clovers are on the fronts of the pockets and I pulled one Ghirardelli Chocolate Square out just a bit so you could get an idea of the pocket size. This also would hold single wrapped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, I test fit it. I think that will be cute for Halloween, because of the orange wrapping. I think it should also fit the small wrapped York Peppermint Patties, but apparently I have no more of those in my craft candy stash. My youngest likes those, and knows where my hiding place is.



This is an over head shot to give you another perspective of the book like binding of the whole little gift package.

For all of the base pieces, the outside cover and the two candy pockets, I used SU! cardstock. It is cut easily with the Cricut but it is so sturdy and great for 3D projects like this.

As always with my Cricut .cut files, I am happy to share. You have to be able to open Cricut Design Studio files (because that's how I create them, and I don't know any other software) and have the George Basic Shapes cartridge for the basic box and decorative layers and A Child's Year cartridge for the embellishments on this particular book. If you want to recreate this St. Patrick's Day candy gift.


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...