Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Mindless Two Skein Cowl



I was so thrilled when I found this scarf pattern. It is so quick to crochet and it makes that beautiful scallop edge during the crochet rows. It's not an edge you do afterwards. Genius. I had bought a bunch of yarn online during an awesome JoAnn's sale, so I will be busy for a while.





I am loving the cowls right now. So of course I made this scarf into a cowl too. They are so easy and comfortable to wear this way.

This yarn is Wooleez worsted weight yarn. I used two skeins. Her pattern says one skein but it would have been too short to make into a cowl so I went with two. I also did 29 stitches for each row instead of her recommended 19, because I thought I wanted the finished scarf wider than 5 inches. In hind sight it is a bit bulky when doubled around the neck and 19 probably would have been perfect. But that's the joy of yarn and an easy pattern. I can quickly re-crochet it with the 19 stitches if I want to. And I think I want to, it will give it a longer drape and it wont hug up quite so tight to my neck. It will be more comfortable to wear, I believe.


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...