Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mini pocket page book




I saved this mini book inspiration here on Pinterest. The Pinterest link opens to a wonderful tutorial by the original creator here. Her blog is in German but if you are surfing on Google than it should translate for you easy as pie. Her pictures and tutorial were super easy to follow. I still did not feel like cutting all these pieces by hand, so I created a .cut file on my Cricut using Design Studio and George Basic Shapes cartridge. It came together pretty easy. 



So here it is untied and upper flap open.



Flip cover down one and these are the first two photo mount areas you see.


One more flip and it is fully open now. 


Each flip also has a flap and a pocket and inside the pocket is a tag to pull out that can hold two more photos. All in all this book holds thirteen 2.5 x 2.5 inch photos or journaling areas. Closed and tied the mini album measures 3 x 3 x .5 inches. A great little brag book for giving.

The base of my mini album is made with SU! black cardstock. The yellow is also SU! cardstock, not sure which color anymore, could be something discontinued now. SU! cardstock if my favorite for projects like this where I want a very sturdy base, it has great weight and strength. The patterned paper is from a Hobby Lobby paper stack. Gorgeous monochromatic patterns, beautiful quality and colors. The beautiful silk ribbon is from Reasonable Ribbon club.

As with all of my Cricut Design Studio creations, I will share the .cut file with you if you would like to recreate this for yourself. Please leave your email address in the comment section below and I will email the .cut file out to you. 

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...