Monday, July 29, 2013

Ribbon wristlet key fobs



I have found another cute project on Pinterest. I found it here and it linked to a great picture tutorial, which is always my favorite kind of tutorial. 

I changed up the base of my wristlet key fobs from cotton webbing to the beautiful striped 1.25 inch wide ribbons from both SU! and CTMH. I have quite a collection of them and thought this would be a perfect project to use them on. I have a ton of decorative ribbon between my monthly Reasonable Ribbon subscription and a general addiction to collecting the pretty patterns where ever and when ever I see them. So I coordinated narrower ribbons with the striped ribbons and cut them in 11 inch lengths before stitching them together. I also sewed the cut ends of the ribbon together right side to right side so that when I turned it around the raw edged would be completely trapped in the cinched hardware. I ordered my hardware off of ebay here from craftsuppliesforless and found them to be very easy to clamp down around the ribbon ends just using a regular pair of pliers and a rag to protect the metal from getting scratched. I am probably never going to make enough of these to justify buying a $13.50 special crimp tool that is pretty much only used for this hardware. 

I have two friends who just bought new cars and another friend who just moved, so I thought these would be very appropriate and fun little gifts to give them in recognition of their new cars and home. And of course I picked my favorite and kept it for my keys.

  
Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...