Friday, August 16, 2013

Granny stripes scarves




It's yarn addiction time for me, again. Sorry I have been absent from my blog for a while. I am going through another paper crafting dry spell. So I am filling my crafty need with yarn lately.

This first scarf was inspired by this beautiful pattern, and a desire to use up some partially used skeins of yarn. I love this color combination. I know, its very Christmasy, but that's not a bad thing in my book. I am thrilled with how this looks. It's finished size is 5 x 60 inches.


These are the skeins I used. All were either hand me downs or partials left over from prior projects. So that makes this project even better!





When I finished the first scarf, I still had lots of yarn left so I decided to give a go at a different granny stitch design. This was fashioned after this awesome pattern. It's finished size is 7 x 60 inches.



Here's a close up of the unique start of the granny stitch. The design start up was very different from any I had ever seen before. But the pattern was very easy to follow and I really like how it worked up. Nice even design and I liked that the stripes followed around the narrow ends of the scarf.



And in other yarn related creativity, I have finally made my own wool yarn balls. They are for use in the dryer to fluff clothes while reducing dryer times. I used the yarn pictured above, believing it to be 100% wool. It is not. I ordered it online and the description said wool but no where did it give percentages. When I go the package and read the label it is 78%. They still felted properly according to the instructions I found on this pin on Pinterest. I have been using them for two weekends now and am thrilled with the results. I no longer use dryer sheets for anti-static and I feel the difference in the amount of time a load of towels and sheets takes to dry. It's a win-win.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...