Thursday, September 26, 2013

Cowls, cowls and more cowls





I am still on a crocheting binge. This is another cowl using my favorite scarf pattern ever. I never get tired of this stitch and the finished cowl if so pretty and wonderful to wear. I can crochet these up in under 3 hours now. This one was crocheted and donated to a convalescent hospital. (Eek, sorry for the crappy phone pic. I didn't realize how bad it was and the scarf is gone now, so no retakes possible.)



I used Lion Brand Homespun yarn in Wisteria, it is beautiful pinks and purples with a hint of blues and browns.



Here is Ang modeling another cowl she commissioned.



It's crocheted from the same pattern, but has a very different feel and look due to the heavier weight yarn. This is Loops and Threads Charisma in Mulberry Bush. I reduced the original chain stitches down from 19 as the pattern states to 13 to reduce the bulk a little bit. It's a good thing I did too, because it is shorter than I like to make my cowls. I blame it on the density of the stitch pattern, it might be a bit much for this bulky weight yarn. 



For these next two scarves I switched back to another favorite pattern. This pattern is fast to work up and feels so soft and comfortable to wear.



This is made using Loops & Threads Country Loom in Landscape, a beautiful combination of browns and blues.



And the final finished cowl.



Another Loops & Threads Country Loom in Rich Granite. These were both made for another friend, Dana, but she is even more camera shy than I am, so I am modeling her cowls.

It's time to try some new patterns. Some new stitches. I have a couple of works in progress, another bag and another shawl. Both are different patterns that I found on Pinterest of course. When I finish them, I'll post some pics.


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. What is the stitch you use for the first scarf plz.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link is in the first sentence under the photo. I just checked it and it is still linked correctly. Here is the link again. https://www.craftsy.com/crocheting/patterns/mindless-scarf/100769

      Delete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...