Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Half granny square shawl


I made this. I am so excited. This is my first big crochet project completed. And I am thrilled with the finished shawl. Originally, this was my Pinspiration, I fell in love with the fall colors and soft lacy look of it. 



Sorry this is a terrible picture, but this is how I like to wear it. Draped around my neck and spilling down the front of me. I'm a show off like that. I can't help it, I am still so happy with every single thing about this shawl.

The pattern was very easy to follow and surprisingly quick and fun to work up. I used 2.5 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver yarn. Yes, I said Super Saver. When I finished I followed this tutorial for softening and blocking this shawl and it worked wonders. Washing and blocking improved the drape and softness immensely. I absolutely love wearing this, its so soft and comfortable.



Even though its huge, it's a very open stitch and so it wears very light and easy. Its not heavy and it just melts around my neck.


In homage to fall I made little clover shapes all along the outer edge. In homage to my recent Ireland trip I added one 4 leaf clover (see it there in the middle of the photo). I love this little hidden treat.



Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...