Saturday, January 2, 2016

Up Cycled Craft Packaging to Mini Album


I went a little crazy at Scrapbook Expo last year, purchasing Darice embossing folders. So many beautiful patterns and the awesome offer of  "purchase multiples, get them cheaper". I have 6 sturdy cardboard packaging pieces, all the same size, just begging me to reuse not toss them. Ok, challenge accepted. 

I glued the short front flap of one piece to the backside of the next piece to create the hinge end of the mini album. I used an Elmer's X-treme glue stick. I love these and stock up on them each back to school sale time. 


With all the glued pieces together and the end squared up I clamped them with binder clips and let them dry overnight. 



I chose an older DCWV paper stack for my pages and cut them to fit the pages. Again using the Elmer's X-treme glue stick I attached all the patterned paper to the pages and trimmed the edges where needed. 


Here's a peek at the finished pages. 


And the beginnings of my cover. 



A little cover embellishment, so far.  (It's funny the pictures look so different because one is taken by lamp light and the final pic was taken by natural day light.)

This will make a great brag book to fill with pictures of my family. 



Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...